Strategic Project Management
Form of learning:
Target group and prerequisites
This course focuses on advanced topics of project management from the strategic viewpoint and value creation perspective. Responsibility and sustainability in projects and project networks with different collaboration models are also covered. The course provides in-depth understanding on these themes and the related topics mentioned in the course content.
Common course themes are:
- Project value creation and cooperation models
- Responsibility and sustainability in projects and project networks with measures
- Strategic project management and long-term value creation
This course is organised in collaboration with Åbo Akademi, University of Oulu and Tampere University.
Lectures will be held on Mondays and Thursdays at 16:00-19:00 through Zoom (mandatory participation). Pre-assignments need to be submitted before each lecture. Students also need to submit a final essay (deadline 30.9.).
- Pre-assignments (reading pre-material, watching videos, doing assignments, personal reflection) 7 x 10 h = 70 h
- Lectures (incl. class assignments, personal reflection) 7 x 4 h = 28 h
- Final course essay (revisiting materials, writing the essay, personal reflection) 37 h
Pre-assignments (60 %), lecture participation and class assignments (10 %), final essay (30 %).
Application deadline: 7.8.2022.