International Business in the Era of Disruptions
Form of learning:
The key objectives of the course are: to introduce the frameworks and tools to analyse global business environment, to introduce various modes of doing business across borders, and to familiarize with the planning, implementation and management of business activities globally. The learning outcomes include:
- the enhanced awareness of differences in global business environment, including political, regulation and cultural aspects,
- understanding of the dynamics and suitability of various ways to conduct business in different global business environments, including the adaptation issues,
- understanding of the related ethical and social responsibility issues,
- ability to analyse and plan global business activities,
- problem-solving skills based on real-life cases.
The course provides a theoretically grounded overview of key issues, opportunities and challenges in global business. We shall assess globalization and the consequent changes in firms operating environment and analyze the needs to adjust firms strategies and operations due to these changes. The course covers key concepts and principles of conducting business in the international dimension, including issues in various functions, such as HR and marketing. The role of politics and regulation are covered, including world trade and regional economic blocs. The premises that various countries provide for companies in terms of competitiveness are analyzed. Ethical issues as well as social and environmental responsibility are addressed. The purpose of the course is to a) present the most important forces affecting international business today, b) introduce various international strategies, and c) present the ways to organize, coordinate and control international activities.