Future of Work
Form of learning:
In this course, we will look at how the roles of the individual, organisations and society have changed and how it affects how we work today and in the future. People are the ones who design a future of work that is sustainable, productive and fulfilling. The course is an open online course. The course material is divided into five (5) chapters.
- Registration for the course at https://futureofwork.fi/courses/future-of-work/.
- Get acquainted with the course contents. The course is divided into five chapters, which all have at least three sections.
- After each section, there will be either a multiple-choice quiz or self-reflection questions.
- In order to pass the course, you will need to pass all quizzes and open questions.
- After successfully completing the course and paying the course fee, you can download an official Aalto University course Certificate with a unique verification code on the Future of Work platform.
- To understand and to be able to historically contextualise the main elements of change in relation to white-collar paid employment on individual, organisational and societal levels.
- To understand how work is gradually disconnecting from time, place and employment, and to be able to systematically analyse the individual-level implications of these changes.
- Understand how megatrends like digitalisation and ecological and social sustainability are transforming how contemporary organizations operate.
- Understand how organizational paradigms and cultures have evolved over the years and how contemporary organizations are embracing and integrating multiple organizational paradigms and cultures.
- Understand vertical, distributed and hybrid organizational structures, what are their strengths, and how they relate to organizational culture and leadership. We also discuss why contemporary organizations are shifting more towards distributed and hybrid structures.
- Understand the basic leadership concepts and how contemporary leadership looks like and how it is aligned with organizational culture and design.
For life-wide learners: Register here to create an account. After logging in, click on Future of Work, and press ‘Take this Course’ on the left. After successfully completing the course you can download an official Aalto University course Certificate with a unique verification code.
For Aalto University degree students: In order to receive 2 ECTS and a course Certificate, first enrol on the course Future of Work MNGT-C1003 on Sisu. If you only want to have the Certificate without ECTS, don’t enrol on Sisu. Then, register here to create an account using your Aalto email. After logging in, click on Future of Work, and press ‘Take this Course’ on the left.
After successfully completing the course you can download an official Aalto University course Certificate with a unique verification code on the Future of Work platform. You can share your course certificates in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.
The course must be completed within 6 months of registration for the course. Please note that this course is a self-directed open online course.