Form of learning:
In this course, we will look at how to navigate Finnish working life and how to build a career. We explore working life in Finland from societal, organisational and individual perspectives. Once you have finished this course you will have a better understanding of work culture in Finland, what working in a Finnish company is like, how individuals find work-life balance in Finland, how to communicate your skills, and how to look for jobs in Finland. The course is an open online course. The course material is divided into five (5) chapters.
- Registration for the course at https://futureofwork.fi/courses/finland-works/.
- Get acquainted with the course contents. The course is divided into five chapters, which all have four sections.
- After each section, there will be either a multiple-choice quiz or self-reflection questions.
- In order to complete the course, you will need to pass all assignments.
- After successfully completing the course and paying the course fee, you can download an official Aalto University course Certificate with a unique verification code on the Future of Work platform.
What you will learn
- Identify the characteristics of Finnish working life and how Finland compares to other countries in terms of work culture
- Understand the dynamics of Finnish organisations and how to work as a team member
- Understand how Finns find a balance between work and other responsibilities in life and take care of their well-being holistically
- Recognise needs for continuous skills development and life-long learning, and how to communicate your skill set to potential employers
- Understand how to find a job in Finland, what kind of employment and entrepreneurial opportunities exist and how to develop your networks
For life-wide learners: Register here to create an account. After logging in, click on Finland Works, and press ‘Take this Course’ on the left. After successfully completing the course you can download an official Aalto University course Certificate with a unique verification code.
For Aalto University degree students: In order to receive 2 ECTS and a course Certificate, first enrol on the course Finland Works MNGT-C1005 on Sisu and then register your account here. After logging in, click on Future of Work, and press ‘Take this Course’ on the left. If you only want a Certificate without ECTS, don't enrol on Sisu
After successfully completing the course you can download an official Aalto University course Certificate with a unique verification code on the Future of Work platform. You can share your course certificates in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.
The course must be completed within 6 months of registration for the course. Please note that this course is a self-directed open online course.