Digital Business Master Class (47E00100) is an interactive and fast-paced graduate-level course (6 ECTS) focusing on digital technologies as tools for building businesses. During the Master Class, students learn how companies transform their processes and systems by implementing digital technologies. Concepts covered include platforms and ecosystems, business design thinking, data-driven marketing, digital value creation, data-intensive business and agile development methods.
Challenge-based learning is an integral part of the Master Class. Students work on company projects in international and multidisciplinary teams. The projects are done in collaboration with partner companies, ensuring that the themes are relevant to the current business environment.
Working on a real-life business project with a multinational team offers an unbeatable learning experience. Students are invited to apply their knowledge to Finnish companies and organisations' challenges. Working together with a company partner provides meaningful connections with the industry and takes new topics from the classroom to the boardroom.
The summer 2021 Digital Business Master Class will be offered as a hybrid course, with the possibility of participating either fully online or on-site at Aalto.
- Explore and implement key topics in digital business
- Differentiate between digital transformation and digital optimisation
- Evaluate the constantly evolving digital business landscape both locally and globally
- Gain theoretical and practical knowledge on digital strategies
- Work in international multidisciplinary teams
- Apply project management in virtual and on-site projects
- Develop recommendations for real-life case
Applying for the course
Apply by April 30th 2021. Note that all Summer School courses have rolling admission. Once the course is full, the registration is closed.The Digital Business Master Class accepts applications from exchange students, Aalto degree students, professionals, and other lifelong learners. The minimum requirement is a finished Bachelor's degree.
The course includes three phases: self-paced pre-work and post-work and two intensive weeks of lectures and project work at Aalto.
7-18 June: Pre-work (online)
- Self-paced course orientation
- Individual research for the team project
5-16 July: Intensive weeks (on-campus/online)
- Daily lectures from 13-16
- Company meetings
- Teamwork on a company project
- Social programme
by 30 July: Post-work (online)
- Individual reflection on key takeaways, teamwork and course experience
The tuition fee for external students is 1400€ (including VAT 24%).
There is no tuition fee for nominated exchange students from a partner institution of Aalto University School of Business, Aalto degree students, students with a flexible study right (JOO-right) from another Finnish university. Reduced tuition fee (50%) for students from Aalto University partner institutions who are not nominated for exchange.