Differential and integral calculus 3
Change of variables in multiple integrals, integration in cylindrical and spherical coordinates, vector fields, line and surface integrals, gradient, divergence, curl, Gauss's, Green's and Stokes' theorems.
Form of learning:
Aalto University Open University
5 By Aalto University (ECTS)
After the course the student will be able to
- evaluate multiple integrals in cartesian, cylindrical and spherical coordinates,
- analyze the properties of vector fields,
- evaluate line and surface integrals of vector fields,
- calculate the gradient, divergence and curl, and knows what they represent,
- explain the idea of Gauss' and Stokes' theorems, and apply them in calculations.